24 February 2022
Minister of State for Business, Employment and Retail, Damien English TD, has recently appointed new Ordinary Members to the Board of the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC). The appointments are made following an open recruitment campaign conducted by the Public Appointments Service (PAS). The new Members appointed to the Board of the WRC are:
- Mr Stephen Driver, Head of Advocacy, Ibec
- Ms Judith Fitzgerald, Legal Counsel, Eli Lilly and Company
- Ms Sinead Gogan, Chief Human Resources Officer, Deloitte Ireland
- Mr George Maybury, former Trade Union General Secretary
- Mr Brendan McGinty, Managing Partner at Stratis Consulting
- Mr Barry O Brien, Director of Human Resources, UCC
- Ms Virginija Petrauskaite, Employment, Immigration/Asylum Law Solicitor
Appointments to the Board of the WRC are statutory appointments under section 10 of the Workplace Relations Act 2015.
The Board of the WRC comprises the Chairperson Dr. David Begg, Ms Ethel Buckley, ordinary member and the 7 newly appointed ordinary members as provided for in the Workplace Relations Act 2015. The Board has two statutory functions, which are:
- to prepare, in consultation with the Director General of the WRC, an annual work programme for the forthcoming year for the approval of the Minister.
- in consultation with the Director General, to prepare and submit a three-year strategy statement to the Minister setting out the WRC’s planned strategy for the next three years.