SECTION 26(1), INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS ACT, 1990
(REPRESENTED BY IRISH BUSINESS AND EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION)
- AND -
400 STAFF-ALL CATEGORIES
(REPRESENTED BY SERVICES INDUSTRIAL PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL UNION)
2. The Company’s proposal to introduce lower terms of redundancy than the agreed terms is unacceptable to the Union’s members
2. The Company is seeking to update their redundancy terms in line with industry norms and to future fit the business
1. Payments to be 2 weeks’ statutory plus 3 weeks’ ex-gratia or 5 weeks ex-gratia, inclusive of statutory, whichever is the greater.
2. A ‘cap’ of 104 weeks to apply to the above calculations.
3. An additional lump sum of 26 weeks’ salary to be paid to workers who are affected by the application of the ‘cap’.
4. All calculations to continue to be made in accordance with the formulae in the Employer’s letter to the Union on 31 March 2004.
The Court recommends these terms as a ‘package’, in the particular circumstances of this employment.
Enquiries concerning this Recommendation should be addressed to Orla Collender, Court Secretary.