Workplace Relations Commission Inspectors carry out employment rights compliance inspections and associated enquiries.
In general Inspectors have the following powers :
- To enter any premises at a reasonable time
- To demand sight of records
- To inspect records
- To take copies of records
- To remove and retain records
- To require persons to produce records
- To interview and require information from any relevant person
Where contraventions of legislation are detected, Inspectors may, depending on the area of legislation involved, issue a compliance notice or fixed payment notice or initiate legal proceedings. However, employers are afforded every reasonable opportunity to rectify any contraventions.
A complaint to the WRC should be presented and/or dispute referred using the Workplace Relations Complaint Form
Concerns over employment rights, exploitation of workers or undeclared work can be reported to WRC Inspection Services by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org